Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Chili Sauce & Wedding Bliss

This chili sauce recipe has become a favorite of ours. I tasted this chili sauce about the first time we visited Ellis and Vera Oram (Sharon's new in-laws at the time). I begged Vera for the recipe, and we've been canning it ever since. We started the process on Labor Day (aptly so, by the way), and finished after work tonight. Our yield: 13 pints and 15 half pints. That should do us for a couple of years or so. So there you go--the exciting life of Carl and Pat!
Now, more photos of the Cody/Meridith wedding. I'm bummed that we didn't get a picture of Glendon and LaNay Manwaring who came down from Pleasant View. It was their 44th wedding anniversary. LaNay raided the kitchen to get some pieces of red velvet cake to take with them to their bed and breakfast (they had reserved it in Provo so they could attend the reception). Red Velvet cake was served at their wedding reception those many years ago.

First kiss as Mr. & Mrs.

Two more lovebirds.

5 comments:

Karen said...

I use chili sauce so infrequently I really don't know what to do with it. About the only time I use it is if I make the chili sauce/grape jelly meatballs. What are some things you do with the sauce?

Carrie said...

Um, maybe you should give us the chili sauce/grape jelly meatball recipe Karen! Sounds fun!
I know they use it on eggs, omeletes, and meat. I'm not sure what else, they will have to answer that question.
Mom, now you can blog the applesauce process!

Carl and Pat said...

Karen, I also add it to Sloppy Joes, but our favorite is on scrambled eggs and with roast. I've made the chili sauce/grape jelly meatballs, too. Good stuff 'dat (to quote my daughter).

Karen said...

I will totally have to branch out on my chili sauce use. Those meatballs were the ones I did for Janet's wedding. Carrie, sound like you need to hit your mom up for the recipe. Pat, FYI, I am going to do one of your moms recipes today on the blog. So keep an eye peeled.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Wow were still kinda cute