Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A New Beginning for Two

Pat just achieved a lifelong goal...retirement. Working at LDS Church Security has been a wonderful way to end a working career! So yesterday, March 2, 2009, after a department luncheon, presentation of a beautiful plaque, and hugs and tears, it was on to the next phase of our lives. She admits that the very first thing she did after arriving home from the office was to take a nap! Monday evening, Carrie and Sam brought over a big bouquet of beautiful roses and we all went to dinner at Applebee's!

This morning, March 3, we went to the Social Security Administration offices to get Carl signed up for Social Security benefits--his last day of work for Verizon Wireless will be around May 4. So, our life will take a new turn, and as soon as we can get Pat's knee cooperating we'll be off to have some fun!


This smile is very, very, very genuine!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and I am so jealous. I figure I'll be working until they bury me. Who knows, in the hereafter I may still be working with kids. Enjoy all that wonderful free time!

Carrie said...

Yay! I'm so excited for both of you! Get that knee better so you can enjoy limitless possibilities with your time!

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you both!! do you have your app into uta for the train detective job?? i hear one is opening up!!! love you guys!!

Unknown said...

I concur with my wife's comments (Karen). Some day I'll be posting the same thing (about 50 years from now). Seriously, congrats! Now you come hop in the car and drive up to NW and see us!

Phil

Indiana Clark's said...

We got the single wide ready for ya in the side yard. Mike

Delene said...

Congratulations! I think that is wonderful that you took the leap! I'm not brave enough yet!