Saturday, July 29, 2006

OK, So I Am A Little Slow

We had a grand time as you heard from all the other posts the family did of our trip for Mom Bell's funeral and family reunion. It was an event getting 15 people in three cars and all staying together. With Shandy being VERY prego, she had to stop at each gas station and rest stop along the way. At every stop it just made me laugh at trying to get everyone in the cars and get on our way again. I still stand amazed we didn't leave one of the kids at some gas station along the way.

I am glad I was able to make memories for the kids to laugh at for YEARS to come. How would you feel if someone told you your brand new car's engine lights were flashing red, then pulled over to the side of the road? How would you feel if you had to walk from the parking spot, up a zillion stairs (didn't find the elevator until later)get sit down, and have the sun beating on your face with the temperature 100 degrees? How would you feel if you were trying to get everyone in the car at a certain time so we could make the game on time and someone (I won't mention names) was still swimming 5 minutes prior to departure? Sorry I hurt your feelings Darren....I will try to be more sensitive next time, and yes, thank you for being the first one to the car! How you got ready in 5 minutes I'll never know. And yes, I would prefer a car hit me on Deception Pass rather than look down at the water.

Anyway, thank all of you for the memories also!!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Let's not forget this memory: "Carrie, get the pizza ordered!" as you slammed your door to your hotel room. sheesh, can't we all just get along? :)

Curtis and Shandy said...

Oh you guys are so dramatic. J/K

Anonymous said...

If Dad really did get mad, would we know?