Friday, August 31, 2007

The Stones are Out!

Okay--look at yesterday's blog and compare with today. Such a sad face. Poor guy just took a two pain pills and 800 mg. of Ibuprofen--this is the result.
He had two huge gallstones. Carl had begged the doctor to save him one. She gave him this and said she had to break them into thirds to get them out, so this is only a third of one. (Don't you love these gory details!?) Every time a nurse would come to take his vitals they's say "Good heavens, that's a huge stone!" So he was very proud...
Carl wanted everyone to see all four of his incisions! (You don't have to scroll down to see this if you don't want to---you've been warned...

7 comments:

Carrie said...

I can't believe nobody has commented. That stone is GA-NASTY! I almost puked whem mom pulled it out of the jar! Dad is being a very good patient, I'm so proud of him!!

Susan said...

Carl deserves to look and feel like that if someone cut him open that many times. Glad to hear he is recovering well.

Karen said...

Wow, my dad had gallbladder surgery about a year ago and said it was a piece of cake...must not have had stones like that! I have a couple, but I've been doing a very low carb diet and they aren't bothering. Hope it stays that way. Don't want to do a "Carl". Hope you're feeling way better now! Karen

Delene said...

I was certainly glad to get rid of my gall bladder. It hurt to even drink water. Its been several years now and I feel so much better. I feel for you, Carl. You'll feel better soon!

nalani said...

I feel your pain!!! That stone is HUGE! I should have asked the doctor to save mine so we could compare. Hope you're feeling better but your probably still sick to your stomach---don't worry it will only last a few more months! Look like it will be a no-fat diet for you!!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you are recovering, Carl. I'd like to be the first to throw $5 in the pot to buy you a 'Get Well' gift certificate to the nearest tanning booth...

Curtis and Shandy said...

Oh, you are totally stoned!!!!