Sunday, January 07, 2007

Using our Panini Grills



Now that we all have Panini Grills, we ought to share the good stuff we fix on it. After Church today, I fixed Flank Steak, and It was delicious. Here is how I did it:

Score the flank steak on both sides about 1/4" deep both ways (making diamond pattern)

Prepare Marinade as follows:
1 Cup Salad Oil
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1 Close Garclc
Salt and Pepper
I made it "special" by adding to the above
One big squirt of Horseradish Sauce
Around 1/4 cup of "Bernstein's Cheese & Garlic Italian Dressing"
Pour in shallow pan and put meat in the Marinade.

I put the meat in about 9:00 AM then cooked it at 4:30 PM when we got home from church, so let it soak up the good stuff for several hours.

I put it on the Panini Grill and cooked till Medium Well.

When done, let it rest for a few minutes, then cut diagonally in thin strips across the grain.

It was SO tasty. Give it a try sometime!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

But do you cut the fat off the meat? OH yeah, and how am I supposed to make that recipe, it seems to require that I TOUCH the raw meat...GAG!!!

Delene said...

Sounds really good! Carrie, just wear rubber gloves.

Anonymous said...

Phil and I are becoming big foodies, buying all kinds of kitchen stuff, The panini grill sounds great. Tell me more, tell me more.

Carl and Pat said...

Karen, we gave each of our kids (well, one per family) the Cuisinart panini grill for Christmas. We had one and loved it. You can grill meat, chicken, tortillas as well as sandwiches. The nice thing is the grill plates are removable and can be put in the dishwasher--big improvement over our old George Forman.

Thomas said...

Wow, you guys are so adventurous. Nate's dad just got one of those for Christmas and I was jealous.

Indiana Clark's said...

I have an awsome recipe, it's called update your blog loser! Michael