Sunday, July 08, 2007

Summertime Backyard

Here are some random shots of the back yard, thought I would give you something to look at besides food. It has been so blasted hot here in SLC it's a miracle we have been able to keep anything alive. There is no end to the heat wave we are having in the near future. I guess on the positive note, when it is below freezing in January and I am getting rid of the snow off the driveway, I can look back to July and wish it was a bit warmer. Whatever!

Here is the side yeard ont he East. You can't see it, but we have a "baby" nectarine tree with three nectarines on it.

One of the Whisky Barrells

Morning Glory (the good kind)

Another pot with Sweet Potato Vines

A flower on the Trumpet Vine

Purple Daylillys and Black Eyed Susans


6 comments:

Delene said...

Beautiful flowers! I love it when they fill out and look so pretty.

Carrie said...

Your flowers look so good! I love the morning glory vine. My flowers are all starting to look "leggy". Time to do some trimming!

I had lots of "firsts" in the past few days:
My first rose of sharon bloom on my tree appeared
My first rose of sharon bloom on my bushes appeared.
My first zinnia bloomed as well!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! thanks again for letting me crash your party on the fourth!

Susan said...

It's hard to imagine what those freezing temperatures feel like right now, isn't it? Beautiful yard, despite the heat.

Indiana Clark's said...

Sure could use some flowers like that in our side yard. Bring your work gloves when you come out in October!

Sarah said...

Your yard looks like paradise..no toys strewn everywhere....I hope you girls have a blast this weekend!