Thursday, July 19, 2007

We Love Being Spontaneous

We woke up on Saturday Morning and here is how the conversation went. "Do we have anything going on today? Nope. What do you want to do? I don't know. What do you want to do? I don't know." Five minutes of silence, then "Shall we go to Idaho? Oh gosh, I don't know. Well, I think it might be kinda fun, I think I would like to go." Five more minutes of silence. "Let's get up and go. OK. "

There you have it. 45 minutes later we were on the road heading to Rexburg. On our way there, we called Darren to make sure it would be OK (as Curtis and Shandy were already up there visiting). We also called Pecks on the way and asked if we could spend the night with them. Everyone seemed happy we were on our way.... Good thing or we would have had to turn around and come home.


Here we are, loading the car for the trip.
Here is Ethan and Jacob. It was Jacob's birthday, so we got to celebrate his 2nd b'day with him.
Jacob looking all innocent and cute

Shandy and Dexter


And, as usual, cooking something to eat! Darren and I did the cooking, and I might say it was awesome. We had chicken and vegetables and pineapple. The best thing were the tomatoes, cut in half and topped with garlic salt, fresh basil, and parmesan cheese.







7 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm glad you guys had fun! We missed you because when you leave, that leaves us with nobody to hang out with on Saturday. :) You are so popular!

Anonymous said...

That menu is making me HUNGRY!

Uncle Phil

Amelia said...

how fun aunt pat, the grilled fruit looks mouth watering!

Susan said...

It was a fun day!

Sarah said...

I know its tacky to ask people money questions, but I am dying to know how much you spend on gas to Rexburg and back in your Prius??
I'll bet its less that the $70 it costs me to get to Provo and back.....

Anonymous said...

Sarah: has Carrie told you the story of our trip to Washington last year and Carl gloating about how little gas the Prius used? It probably cost us about $30! Sure is a fun car.

Sarah said...

Yeah, thats what I figured...most Prius owners LOVE to tell what they spend on gas.....I get grouchy whenever I fill up!