Sunday, May 20, 2007

Flower Planting-It Takes 3

One of the beastly things about aging is the old joints don't bend so easily. How great to have a daughter who will jump right in and help the old folks!


What we don't have a photo of is me (Pat) trying to deal with a broken/leaking sprinkler head while Carl and Sam are in Indiana. The up side is that I can now turn the water on and off with the 5-foot "key" and am headed to Lowe's tomorrow for a dealie that will cap off that sprinkler until Carl is home! The down side is that I am dragging around a hose to water since we can't have the water on or we'll fill the neighbor's basement. Back to the up side...so glad Carl and Sam can give Mike and Kim a hand in helping with the finish work on the addition to their home. I'll go back out in the fall when the work is done and enjoy the fruits of their labors!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm always game when it comes to planting flowers. That's not considered 'work' to me. Now, if you asked me to make dinner every night for a week...well, THAT would be work!

Susan said...

Looks pretty!

Karen said...

Luckily, Phil still bends pretty good so I pick them out and place them and he plants. But we may be about through with that. I pretty much have my whole garden done with perennials and bulbs. Less work next year!