Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ikea Comes to Utah!

One of the biggest events to happen in Draper, Utah, ever is about to take place...Ikea is opening their store here on May 23. Carrie, the boys, and I drove by the new store tonight. We had heard on the radio and TV that people had been camped out since Monday so they could be among the first to get in. The first 100 get a $40 chair or some such item...not sure that would be worth camping out for, but the adventurous folk do, so I say, "go for it!" Here are some photos of the store and the Ikea groupies. There was a local rock radio station there blaring their music--that would be enough to make me give up! Since Carl and Sam are in Indiana, Carrie is getting a babysitter on Thursday, so Carrie, Fern, and I can go shopping in the wild world of Ikea!! I'll bet Amelia wishes she could go with us!




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love IKEA so much I want to take behind the junior high school and get it pregnant.

Sorry for the bawdy humor. I just watched 30 Rock. Funny show!

Amelia said...

Did you know IKEA is Swedish!??!?! That is Sweden's #1 company and EVERYBODY gets EVERYTHING from Ikea. The owner still lives here in Sweden and drives this beat up ancient Volvo! How awesome huh.... go there and buy the Kex Choclate. OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are to DIE for!!!!!!!!!

Carrie said...

Kris,
30 Rock is pretty much our favorite show! I knew exactly what you were talking about when I read your comment. Ha Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

Amelia...I DID know that IKEA is Swedish--that's why I knew you would enjoy and appreciate this blog. Thanks for the chocolate tip--can't wait!

Karen said...

We have one opening by the Portland airport...about 15 minutes from here. Big controversy tho, over the size of their sign...I'm pretty sure that along with the Great Wall you can see it from outer space. Looking forward to checking it out tho'. (And try to ignore my son.)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...but the good thing about the big blue sign is that it means I'm about to cross the 205 bridge to Oregon and I'm halfway to work. Now if you all would do something about these gas prices. I remember when we were first married I pulled out of a gas station in the Dalles, Oregon. I was NOT going to pay 50 cents for a gallon of gas! Highway robbery...

Uncle Phil

Susan said...

I wish I could go on the shopping trip, too. Better do a blog update on it. It sounds blog worthy.

Delene said...

The shopping trip sounds fun. But, if I'm going camping, I want mountains and trees...not asphalt!

Indiana Clark's said...

Update your blog gosh dangit! I'm sure you have some pictures from your trip to indiana to share.

Richard and Sharon said...

I only discovered IKEA during our flip house project. Maile came up to help me and we went there to buy some things for staging the house. It is my new favorite store. Love that place!!

Thomas said...

Our Ikea opens July 25th. Yeah. It's not as big as the one in Seattle though. Darn it.