Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spring at Work




I have to constantly remind myself not to take where I work for granted. The grounds around the Church Office Building are incredible and constantly changing. Friday the grounds personnel were taking out all the tulips, and when I go to work tomorrow, there will be thousands of new petunias, geraniums and other annuals newly planted! Hundreds of members volunteer to help with the grounds work, including YW/YM groups, YSA, Relief Societies, etc. The real wonder of the Church at Headquarters is there are hundreds of volunteers and missionaries helping the work go forth. These photos don't do the flowers justice, but you get the idea! I wish I could say that was me in the middle photo...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow....what a perk in the workplace! It's been years since I've seen Temple Square but I remember how gorgeous the grounds are. Lucky you...

Phil

Susan said...

That's beautiful. You are lucky to be there. What a great place to spend your lunch.

Richard and Sharon said...

If I move to Salt Lake City will you get me a job with the church?

Anonymous said...

next time let me know when you are coming over to my house to take pictures and we will have a dish of ice cream with hot fudge!!! -I wish my yard looked like that, and that i had hundreds of people to help me do it!

Carl and Pat said...

Fern: A large budget and lots of volunteers can work wonders!!!

Anonymous said...

you'll have to check out my nose pickin' gremlin i have coming!- the pergola just arrived today- it is supposed to take 2 men, 3 days to put it up.... we will probably get it up in 1 day if i help!! hehehe ;-)