Saturday, August 05, 2006

Albq. NM

I survived a week in New Mexico. It wasn't that hot which was good. It rained one day very heavy which cooled things down. I can't say I had fun, but we did get a lot of staffing done. Most everyone I was working with lived there, so at night, they went home and I didn't have anyone to play with.... Poor me.

I ate at a cool Italian restraunt (It felt wierd eating out all by yourself). The food was VERY good. I had chicken over pasta with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and capers. It was covered with a creamy lemon sauce. It was so good, I went back there the next night and had exactly the same thing!

The hotel I stayed in wasn't that great. The carpet was black and brown, the drapes and cover on the bed was dark brown suide material. There were two lamps in the room with low wattage bulbs. The decor of the room just seemed to absorb all the light, and the room stayed dark.

The bed was good, but the sheets kept coming off the bed corners, so by morning, the bed was a real mess.

The room was not cleaned very good each day. For example, the soap in the dish in the tub did not drain the water away, so water stayed in it. The maid did not take the soap out of there, so when I got home, the soap had been soaking all day, and was just like jello. Yucki.

Also, the tub did not drain well. You would take a shower and you would have shower water up to your ankles. One night I came home after work and the maid had not cleaned the tub out. There was still scum from my shampoo in the tub.

And, the maid made a phone call on my room phone, and they tried to charge me .75 for the local call. I told them I did not make the call as I was at work. They did not charge me for the .75

I did not leave a tip.

That was my trip to Alb. I didn't even take a picture even though I had my camera.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gees, all that fun and not one picture?!?