Saturday, August 19, 2006

You'd Think I'd Learn - Tomatoes Galore



In the Spring, those little tiny tomato plants look so small, I just can't bear planting 3 plants. After all, they come in a 6 pack. So, I plant the scrawny little plants and pamper them, and low and behold, one day, they are HUGE. They are producing more tomatoes than we can use. A new bunch ripens every day!

Anyone have a good Salsa recipe? Or other recipes to use up lots of tomatoes.

By the way, tomato sandwiches are great. Toast the bread, spread with lots of peanut butter and slap big slices of tomatoes on the bread. YUMMY

4 comments:

Susan said...

Peanut butter and tomatoes does not sound good. But sandwiches made the same way with cheese instead of peanut butter sounds delicious. It sounds like we're all looking for a great salsa recipe. Kim, remember you said your aunt had a great one?

nalani said...

I have a WAY good salsa recipe but it's at home so I'll have to post it tonight!

Sarah said...

Man, I wished I lived near you.... your bountiful harvest reminds me of the old joke-
How can you tell a Mormon who has no friends?.......
He's in the grocery store buying his own zuchinni.

Delene said...

Hope you'll share any good salsa receipts. I'm always looking for a great one. My tomatoes are doing the same as yours. It was great when we could just pick and eat and not have a lot of extra...but now....I've got to use them other ways. I usually end up doing tomato juice becaue it's easy.