Sunday, August 06, 2006

Chili for 250




Next weekend is our Ward Campout, and Pat and I are the Activities Chairpersons, so we went shopping at Costco today and got stuff to make Chili. Boy did I ever have fun. I got this huge pot from downstairs and mixed up all the stuff, and it wasn't big enough so we had to use the roaster too. I thought I was all done, then found 24 more cans of beans I had forgot to put in.

I had to stand on a stool so I could reach down into the pot to stir it.

Check out all the cans I had to open. We don't have an electric can opener so I had to do it all by hand... wah wah wah!

Now we have it all made, not sure what we are going to do with it until next Saturday. Anyone have any freezer space???

Can you only imagine what that campsite will smell like after all this Chili? I am just thankful Mike and Curtis will not be there. Phew!!!

5 comments:

Tracie said...

It looks good! You should open up a cafeteria.

Delene said...

Carl, buy an electric can opener! That is way too many cans to open at once. Makes my hand hurt! I'll bet the chili was good. That's Keith's favorite, but I don't like to make it!

Jon said...

Wow, looks like fun.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Now we know Carl can't make that claim that he has for so many years, we got to experience it awhile back.

Delene said...

Another thought----you should have delegated out making the chili to several people.