Sunday, August 27, 2006

Seattle & Portland



I (Pat) made a quick trip to Seattle and Portland to attend the wedding of my niece, Janet Bell. Flew in on Friday, and went down to Alki to a great/famous fish & chips place on Alki Beach, Spud's. It sits right on Puget Sound, and the view is incredible. Needless to say, it makes one wonder how they could possibly leave all that green and water and move to the desert, but... I drove down to Portland with Rich and Sharon on Saturday, met up with my brother, Paul and friend Cherie, Maile and Cannon, Barb and Keith. We helped at the wedding with the food (what else!!) and had a great time. I didn't get photos of the wedding, but Maile promised to share hers. The wedding was held at the Columbia Arts Center which is an old church with beautiful stained glass windows. Janet was a gorgeous bride, and it was so much fun getting reacquainted with Phil and Karen's kids! Here are photos of one of my favorite things--a Washington State ferry, and my view from the window of my hotel, the Downtown Portland Marriott which sits on the Wilamette River!

5 comments:

Thomas said...

It was fun seeing you and I cant believe you already posted a blog. You are fast!

Delene said...

Did it make you homesick for Washington? Beautiful pictures.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Pat, is Utah really that bad?

Anonymous said...

absolutley beautiful!!

Carl and Pat said...

Well, Clarks in Orem, it's notso bad because we have our kids here! And Utah is beautiful, especially the sunsets...