Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Chili Saga - Update !


Ok, so what do you do with 20 + gallons of chili??? We put it in big pots and gallon zip lock bags, then put it in the down stairs fridge. I must say the fridge was full of very warm chili. Luckly, yesterday I went down to the fridge to see how things were and I tasted it. YUCK! I guess it had taken too long to cool down and it went sour.

So we smiled, and went to Costco and bought chili in cans (at our own expense of course). Couldn't have the ward pay for chili twice.

Didn't know what to do with the 20+ gallons of yucky chili, so we ended up putting in down the garbage disposal. I can only image what the little man at the Sewage Treatment Plant thought as he saw all that ground up brown stuff that didn't smell so good come shooting out into the holding pond. I'll bet he thought some poor fellow has really got an issue!

Delene, we will take your advise and assign people to do the chili next year. That is if they still allow us to be the ward activities chairpersons.

That's all I have to say about that!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, it is too early in the morning to be thinking about stinky, sour, rotten chili. Gross!

Sorry about the trauma, that probably wasn't too fun.

Anonymous said...

Delene: You have to understand how much Carl LOVES making lots of food in BIG batches. He had the time of his life cooking and stirring; however, neither one of us had given thought to where we were going to put the stuff. I just told him now we have another life story to add to our repetoire of stories!

Delene said...

I'm sorry that all that work was for nothing. That's a lot of chili to throw away. Oh, well, Carl had fun! Did he buy an electric can opener???